Thursday, April 1, 2021

Portfolio - 1Q2021

 I am back for the first quarterly portfolio update for 2021!

Time flies by fast when you are busy. Switching back to quarterly reporting was mainly intended due to expected lack of activities in the market, but during the lull, I found this break much needed (although still looking at the market).

Perhaps it is due to feeling disappointment towards my investment progress for the last 2 years? Within the month of January 2021, the shares I sold decided to rocket and I lost out on a gain of over SGD1200. But I'm happy to arrive at where I am as of 1Q2021 - you'll see why when you read the rest of the post. Haha.


See: Link to Main Portfolio page

Contents:

  1. Portfolio (1Q2021)
  2. Transactions and Dividends 
  3. Closing Thoughts



Portfolio (1Q2021 - 31 March 2021)


(Note: Share price and Forex as at 31 March 2021)

Performance



Some commentary on my portfolio
  •  YTD Portfolio value has increased by 13% and that made me feel relieved from missing out gains from old positions that was sold before rally.
  • I actually only intended to get 5000 units of UMS (SGX: 558) when shares dived to 1.1x, but ended up keying 10000 units when buying from the market. At the same time I was also queuing up to get Wilmar. When I realised the mistake, I quickly removed my queue for Wilmar. This is a blessing in disguise as it started rocketing for the rest of March 2021 (BB buying up?). But all's well that ends well. Luck at play.
(back to top)

Transactions and Dividends 

(a) Transaction Summary
  • Bought the following shares March 2020:
    • UMS - 10000 units @ 1.170 each.
(b) Dividend Summary
  • Received SGD 45 in distribution from Prime US REIT

(back to top)


Closing Thoughts

This Blog

I'll continue to maintain quarterly update at the bare minimum. One thing I realised after switching back is I felt less pressured to write. I still want to write about, but I guess I should stop pressuring myself and just write when I feel myself in the mood (save for the quarterly portfolio update).

On the Investment Front

I started off my first step of investing for the year 2021 with my position in UMS and feel pleased I have made progress towards recovering from loss in Alita, luck or otherwise. YTD, portfolio value has increased 13%. (Even more, had I base this portfolio update on 1st April 2021's closing price.)

As I last said in Dec 2020 portfolio update, I am intending to further inject another 9000 throughout 2021. From the way things look, I could be doing the injection during June/July 2021 although an earlier injecting of 5000-6000 during May/June is not ruled out either.

Can I keep this going? Can I aim to etch out at least SGD 10000 in gain within the next 2 years? Let's do this.

Career

No change from previous update here, staying focused project at work and still working (albeit at snail pace) to get myself acquainted in Data Science. Recently gotten some bonus and that helped nudge my savings very close to my 30K target savings.

Personal

There's been another major development here - besides trying for a baby, my Dad is retiring by end of this month (he runs his own business of servicing and installing air-conditioners.). I foresee my siblings (I have 2 elder siblings) and myself topping up allowance. A part of me thinks that some otherworldly force may be compensating for upcoming challenges with my portfolio's increase in value. I got my work cut out now and I need to keep this momentum in growing my portfolio going.

There, I'm done for this update. It's income tax season so remember to do it up! Lastly, wishing everyone a happy long weekend!

(back to top)

No comments:

Post a Comment