Sunday, May 31, 2020

Portfolio Update - May 2020

It's end of May, so time for another portfolio update.

See: Link to Main Portfolio page

Contents:
  1. Portfolio (31 May 2020)
  2. Transactions and Dividends
  3. Closing Thoughts




Portfolio (31 May 2020)

Performance


Some commentary on my portfolio
  • Lendlease REIT had quite a bit of recovery, but still quite some ways off pre-Covid-19 price.
  • More than half of the portfolio consists of the war chest now, which I will increase by SGD 300 for the month of June 2020.
  • Fu Yu Corp has yet to gone cum-dividend due to the delay in AGM. I'm presuming it will go CD and XD in the month of July or August 2020, and this proceeds will again, be added to the warchest.
(back to top)

Transactions and Dividends 

(a) Transaction Summary
  • No transaction for the month of May 2020.
(b) Dividend Summary
  • No dividend declared/received for the month of May 2020
(back to top)

Closing Thoughts
Singapore is starting to ease Circuit Breaker and we will begin Phase 1 of reopening on 2 June 2020. But what interests me more is Phase 2, where further easing is done.

Read: Gov.sg - Ending circuit breaker: phased approach to resuming activities safely


There is a chance we may enter Phase 2 earlier, which will allow dining in at F&B establishments albeit with safety measures, as well as small group social gathering, and that may further soften the impact of Covid-19 on Retail / F&B establishments a little more. It is conditional to stability in community cases and I keep my fingers crossed this will be the case.

It is also heartening to know further support will be granted to employees and businesses alike with the Fortitude Package.

Read: Gov.sg - A summary of the Fortitude Budget 2020

On the market, I was surprised at the rally to a number of S-REITs on 29 May 2020. I can understand the MSCI Singapore Index inclusion for Mapletree Logistic Trust, but I have yet to understand the reasoning behind rally on the non blue-chip S-REITs (Can anyone shed a light why?).

For now, I remain on the sideline figuring out what to put my warchest into. A number of stocks I am watching has gone some ways up in pricing and I am figuring out if there are more attractive ones I can buy into, or if we will see some corrections to keep stock prices rangebound in the months to come. I will also keep an eye out for further financial impact to businesses.

Lastly, I hope everyone stay safe. Let us practise social responsibility to the best of our abilities as we all have a part to play towards recovery from Covid-19.

1 comment:

  1. When I was applying for a loan to purchase my building as a small business owner in a tough situation, conventional banks said they could not help me. Mr Pedro, a loan officer, sat down with me, heard my situation and decided that I was worth taking a chance on. Here we are 3 years later and I have just renewed my loan for another 7 years. I couldn’t have purchased my building without the help of Mr Pedro and will be forever indebted to them for giving me a chance when no one else would."
    I will recommend you to contact a loan officer Mr Pedro on the information below if you need any financial assistance.
    Email & Chat: +1 863 231 0632 pedroloanss@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete